Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Christmas Letter 2019

Dear ones,

Isn’t it hard to believe that 2019 has come and gone?  As we look back at this past year in which we have moved houses again and experienced so, so much, we also know that it is only through Jesus Christ that we have peace with God. And God keeps “him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on [Him], because he trusts in [Him]. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.  Isaiah 26:3-4 

Carl:  It’s been a year of watching the Lord provide above and beyond in every way.  I’ve been enjoying different opportunities with the family.  The church continues to be a great blessing and peace with God through Christ still keeps being my greatest joy.  Ephesians 2:14 says Christ “himself is our peace.”

Kerstin: It always helps me reflect on the past year when I look through our photos. I have been busy with re-planting our lot, setting up a new household, homeschooling, art, and traveling. Starting the year in Idaho with family, I also loved helping Maggie get situated at college in Chico, CA and attending art and illustration workshops in Mendocino, CA and Pennsylvania.  We went on spontaneous snow trips to the Sierras, hiked around national parks in Arizona, Utah, and California, visited family, friends, and the beaches in southern CA, and had visitors and loved ones in our home throughout.  With so much transition and change, I often find myself singing “You Are My Hiding Place” (You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance whenever I am afraid, I will trust in YOU… Let the weak say, “I am strong in the strength of the LORD”), and looking at Psalm 90:1-2 which I have written on the chalkboard in our new hallway, in our new house, which stands on the same ground as our old house that is no more.  “Lord, you have been our dwelling place in all generations.  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.” He is my home, my peace, my everything, from everlasting to everlasting.  

Hanna: Hanna took the semester off in school and got a second ambulance job. She moved into her own place in Penngrove.  We love it when we get to see her and miss her very much!

Maggie: Maggie shares that she is “loving my major of communications design at Chico, the town, and my community. I am learning the depths of my Heavenly Father’s compassion.” She continues to love snowboarding, enjoying serving in different ministries, but misses her family (insert “Aw” from Kerstin). A verse that Maggie’s been clinging to is Romans 2:4, “God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance.”

Lily: A high school sophomore, English is her favorite subject at school.  She’s also taken Santa Rosa Junior College classes, thoroughly enjoying sketching.  Lily seeks to be helpful to those around her and has taken delight in floral arranging.  She loves dancing and music, still playing the cello and piano.  Lily cooks for us every now and again, with her favorite dish to create being sushi.  She loves playing with our cats, a brother and sister who keep us all amused.  A Bible verse that encourages her is Matthew 28:20 where Jesus says: And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.

Trey: Now in eighth grade, Trey loves going to school two days a week at Grace Christian Academy and homeschooling. He continues to play violin, piano, soccer, and participate in ballroom dance.  He works on a farm and helps his dad with projects, but especially enjoys playing video games.  

It is our prayer this Christmas that you would trust in the God of all creation, who through Jesus Christ is our perfect peace and our everlasting dwelling place.  


Merry Christmas and God’s peace in 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment